Here he is now:
I wanted to name him something that reflected my own nature or something important in my life. I gave this important decision a lot of thought. As have most people, I have had a few trials in my life, and I have come to treasure and protect my sense of peace and well-being, both of which come from my love for the Lord as a part of the Fruit of the Spirit, along with other fruit. As I thought on this, I decided the Jewish word for peace that is commonly used as a greeting would be appropriate. So...I named him Shalom. Whenever people ask me why I would give my dog such a name, I am given another opportunity to witness about the goodness of God and the peace He gives that surpasses understanding.
I pray you will experience His Peace today, in spite of any problems going on in your life today.

www.wallsofchristianart.com

No comments:
Post a Comment