Wednesday, July 7, 2010
The Prodigal Son
Jesus' parable of the Prodigal Son is described in Luke 15:11-31. I consider my son as my prodigal son. Though I hope he is not going hungry or craving hog slop, he is in a "far and distant" place unknown to me and separated from me physically and emotionally. Lord, you know I pray for him often, though I do try to rest assured he is in Your care. However, uncertainty and concern for him, as well as a longing to see and be with him, continues to return. Help me, Lord, to completely and totally let this go and just know that Your will is being done. Since Your will is always in my best interest and always brings honor and glory to you, that should be enough. http://www.mcssl.com/content/170710/43002.jpg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I found Jeremiah 31:17 today. It appears to be a promise for mothers of Prodigals. It says: "There is hope in your future, says the Lord, that your children shall come back to their border." I wasn't looking for anything of the sort so I feel like this is God's word to you to encourage you. Standing on the promises of God!
ReplyDeleteThanks. I will review that.
ReplyDelete